03 MESH MASHUP: MESH EDITING

"Mashed"


Mesh Mashup Continued



This portion of our milestone project was to take our drafts from last week and take them into the next stage. The objective was to take two objects that we had selected and modeled in tinkercad and create a new object. In my case I chose to create a house out of a teacup and a chimney. Looking at the features of a house that make it identifiable as a house.

Moving from a basic more beginner program such as tinkercad, to a more intermediate program (Rhino), proved to be challenging. As someone who does not usually work with this sort of software, and considers oneself to be illiterate when it comes to technology in general, this was outside of my comfort zone. I found significant challenge in understanding what exactly goes into creating a comprehensive and aesthetically pleasing model. 

I had originally planed to make both an interior and exterior to the house, illuminating the interior and making that the only light source. However, when working on it I found a lot of difficulty maneuvering the object and using the Boolean method on it. This did enable me to reflect on eras of Rhino and I want to understand better and employ in my future projects in this class. 

Another portion of this project that I found had an impact upon my work was the feedback I had received from my peers. In terms of moving forwards with the object, I was told that I could take the environment or scene that the house exists within further. Including things such as light sources within the house or around the house, smoke coming from the chimney, a time of day and more. I took some of these ideas and left others, but overall I am grateful of the other viewpoints their feedback allowed me to see.



If I had both more time and experience, I would want to experiment with adding more signs of life into the composition, such as a bike or shoes by the front door; or perhaps more houses or other pieces of scenery. 






Rhino Links 

first draft

https://acad365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/personal/erin_smith-keen_auarts_ca/Documents/Documents/First%20Draft.3dm?csf=1&web=1&e=NH3WKy

second draft 

https://acad365-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/r/personal/erin_smith-keen_auarts_ca/Documents/Documents/third%20draft.3dm?csf=1&web=1&e=mRSM2


Comments

Popular Posts